Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Keep on pushing...

Just about a week ago a brotherman was depressed and feeling sorry for myself( well I shouldn’t have been considering that I’ve at least got a job). But the fact remains, I’m fucking unhappy in this current situation. I actually cried in bed thinking, how unhappy and lonely I was. That’s fuckin pathetic, but still it needed to happen- just had to get those tears out of my system.

I pretty much made up my mind that I hated working here last Monday, after being accused of spending an inordinate amount of time surfing the web and not contributing much to this shitty publication. Coincidentally my contract runs out at the end of the month and even though I was thinking a of sticking it out, I was on the lookout for anything that would take me away from this place that resembles a Nazi slave labour camp, where people work without contracts and the boss comes down heavily on his workers when he’s having a shitty day. Basically the motherfucker, doesn’t value employees, he values the dollar. Well I value myself and have decided to get the fuck out, before I get driven up a wall and go postal in this confined office.

I’d have many reasons to bitch, first off it would be the money, secondly the working environment and thirdly the bullshit that goes for people management where a policy of divide and rule is used to instil fear in new employees. Shit, I could write a book about this but I’ll spare myself the stress and rather not.

So here comes the good news. Yesterday, out of the blue I got a call from someone who offered me a contract to work at a newspaper, and yes…I’m taking it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home